Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Amtek Engineering -On Track For Recovery (UOBKH)

Amtek Engineering -
Share Price S$0.52
Target Price S$0.63
1HFY14: PBT +19.3% yoy; On Track For Recovery

FINANCIAL RESULTS
• On track for a recovery year. 1HFY14 revenue rose 5% yoy to US$334.2m, forming 51.8% of our full-year forecast. Excluding one-off items, adjusted profit before tax would have been US$18.3m (+19.3% yoy), which forms 52% of our fullyear forecast. For 2QFY14, revenue rose 6% yoy, with adjusted profit before tax growing 13.5% yoy to US$8.4m.


• Solid balance sheet with good free cash flow generation. Amtek’s balance sheet remained robust with net debt/asset at 6.3%. Strong free cash flow generation of S$0.0421/share also continued to underpin Amtek’s dividend paying ability as it maintained its interim dividend of S$0.013/share (about 42% payout)

• Expanding margins from effective cost control. 2QFY14 margins were stable yoy, as record tooling sales sold strategically at cost negated the positive impacts from higher utilisation rate and flat operating expenses from effective cost control. However, margin improvements were more noticeable on a half year basis, as 1HFY14 gross profit margin and profit after tax margin grew 0.3ppt and 0.4ppt to 15.9% and 4.3% respectively.

Investment Highlights
• 1HFY14 record tooling sales hint of a cautiously optimistic outlook. Amtek continued to see strong tooling sales in 1HFY14, with 2QFY14 recording the highest quarter of tooling sales ever. While future financial performance is still dependent on healthy end-market demand, the strong tooling sales hint of a sustained recovery for Amtek if the global economy continues to improve. With only 30% of the tooling sales sold in the last six months having converted into sales orders, it also implies room for more growth through new programme launches from the rest of 70% tooling sales going forward.

• Our view
After eight consecutive quarters of declining yoy operational profitability, expectations on Amtek are low. Underpinned by strong tooling sales in FY13, we like the odds of a sustained recovery in Amtek should the global economy continue to improve. At its current valuation, Amtek is trading at a 20% discount to its regional peers of 10.5x FY14F PE despite better margins, return on equity and higher dividend yield (6.1%).

VALUATION
• Maintain BUY and target price of S$0.63. Amtek is trading at 8.2x 2014F PE with an attractive FY14F dividend yield of 6.1%.


Source/Extract/Excerpts/来源/转贴/摘录: UOBKH-Research,
Publish date: 20/02/14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Warren E. Buffett(沃伦•巴菲特)
Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful
别人贪婪时我恐惧, 别人恐惧时我贪婪
投资只需学好两门课: 一,是如何给企业估值,二,是如何看待股市波动
吉姆·罗杰斯(Jim Rogers)
“错过时机”胜于“搞错对象”:不会全军覆没!”
做自己熟悉的事,等到发现大好机会才投钱下去

乔治·索罗斯(George Soros)

“犯错误并没有什么好羞耻的,只有知错不改才是耻辱。”

如果操作过量,即使对市场判断正确,仍会一败涂地。

李驰(中国巴菲特)
高估期间, 卖对, 不卖也对, 买是错的。
低估期间, 买对, 不买也是对, 卖是错的。

Tan Teng Boo


There’s no such thing as defensive stocks.Every stock can be defensive depending on what price you pay for it and what value you get,
冷眼(冯时能)投资概念
“买股票就是买公司的股份,买股份就是与陌生人合股做生意”。
合股做生意,则公司股份的业绩高于一切,而股票的价值决定于盈利。
价值是本,价格是末,故公司比股市重要百倍。
曹仁超-香港股神/港股明灯
1.有智慧,不如趁势
2.止损不止盈
成功者所以成功,是因为不怕失败!失败者所以失败,是失败后不再尝试!
曾淵滄-散户明灯
每逢灾难就是机会,而是在灾难发生时贱价买股票,然后放在一边,耐性地等灾难结束
  • Selected Indexes 52 week range

  • Margin of Safety

    Investment Clock

    World's First Interactive Investment Clock