Thursday, January 16, 2014

Tiger Airways - Disappointing pricing (CIMB)

Tiger Airways -
Current S$0.51
Target S$0.48
Disappointing pricing

In our 6 January report, we had hoped that TGR would get at least S$12.5m for its 40% stake in Tigerair Philippines. However, the agreement with CEB was for only S$8.9m, 30% below our expectation. TGR also surprisingly agreed to bear S$22.4m in TAP liabilities.

Thus, TGR will report a loss of S$13.5m versus our expectations of a gain, leading us to downgrade our FY14 reported net profit and keep the Reduce call. Core EPS in FY14 is reduced 1% for housekeeping matters but raised in FY15-16 due to the removal of TGR’s share of TAP’s losses. This raises our target price slightly, still based on 1x CY14 P/BV. The de-rating catalysts include tough Australian and Indonesian markets.


Surprising loss from sale
Even though the equity value of TAP has already been written down to zero in TGR’s books, TGR will still record a loss from the transaction as it has agreed to settle all of TAP’s outstanding liabilities amounting to S$22.4m prior to the sale to CEB. Although TGR only owns 40% of TAP, it will bear all of these liabilities on its own, which suggests that the remaining 60% shareholders are unable/unwilling to bear the burden. CEB will take over 100% of TAP with a clean slate. Such a lopsided deal in favour of CEB indicates that TGR’s bargaining power was very weak, likely due to the absence of other buyers. However, TGR can at least stop the red ink in the Philippines and eliminate the need for further cash injections.

Aircraft repositioning
The two A319s leased by TGR and currently used by TAP will return to TGR to be used for routes with lower levels of demand. Three A320s leased by TAP will be novated to TGR, which will take over as the lessee, but they will then be sub-leased to CEB for possibly a few months. Once CEB returns the three A320s, TGR can reallocate them to grow Tigerair Mandala.

Strategic alliance
We view the strategic alliance with CEB as mutually beneficial. TGR will be able to share capacity to the Philippines with CEB, and possibly coordinate scheduling and pricing, subject to regulatory approval.

New strategic vision
With the partial dismantling of ex- CEO Tony Davis’s vision of a wide pan-Asian network, TGR will emerge as an asset-light player focusing only on Singapore and Indonesia. It will work with other airline partners in Australia, the Philippines and Taiwan


Source/Extract/Excerpts/来源/转贴/摘录: CIMB-Research,
Publish date: 10/01/14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Warren E. Buffett(沃伦•巴菲特)
Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful
别人贪婪时我恐惧, 别人恐惧时我贪婪
投资只需学好两门课: 一,是如何给企业估值,二,是如何看待股市波动
吉姆·罗杰斯(Jim Rogers)
“错过时机”胜于“搞错对象”:不会全军覆没!”
做自己熟悉的事,等到发现大好机会才投钱下去

乔治·索罗斯(George Soros)

“犯错误并没有什么好羞耻的,只有知错不改才是耻辱。”

如果操作过量,即使对市场判断正确,仍会一败涂地。

李驰(中国巴菲特)
高估期间, 卖对, 不卖也对, 买是错的。
低估期间, 买对, 不买也是对, 卖是错的。

Tan Teng Boo


There’s no such thing as defensive stocks.Every stock can be defensive depending on what price you pay for it and what value you get,
冷眼(冯时能)投资概念
“买股票就是买公司的股份,买股份就是与陌生人合股做生意”。
合股做生意,则公司股份的业绩高于一切,而股票的价值决定于盈利。
价值是本,价格是末,故公司比股市重要百倍。
曹仁超-香港股神/港股明灯
1.有智慧,不如趁势
2.止损不止盈
成功者所以成功,是因为不怕失败!失败者所以失败,是失败后不再尝试!
曾淵滄-散户明灯
每逢灾难就是机会,而是在灾难发生时贱价买股票,然后放在一边,耐性地等灾难结束
  • Selected Indexes 52 week range

  • Margin of Safety

    Investment Clock

    World's First Interactive Investment Clock