Saturday, December 21, 2013

Changi Airport Group and CapitaMalls Asia signs JV deal to develop Project Jewel at Changi Airport

Changi Airport Group and CapitaMalls Asia signs JV deal to develop Project Jewel at Changi Airport


Written by The Edge  
Friday, 20 December 2013 20:32
Changi Airport Group (CAG) and CapitaMalls Asia have signed a joint venture (JV) agreement to develop an iconic mixed-use development at Changi Airport – codenamed Project Jewel.

The JV deal was signed by their respective wholly-owned subsidiaries, Jewel Changi Airport Holding and CMA Singapore Investments.

Including land cost, the development cost of Project Jewel is expected to be about $1.47 billion.


The two companies had previously entered into a Memorandum of Understanding to develop the concept and detailed plans for Project Jewel.

CAG and CapitaMalls Asia will be setting up a private trust, a trustee-manager and a property manager as the JV entities, with CAG being the majority 51% shareholder and unitholder of the JV entities and CapitaMalls Asia owning the remaining 49%.

To be built on the surface car park site fronting Changi Airport Terminal 1 (T1), which measures about 3.5 hectares (377,000 sq ft), Project Jewel will offer a range of facilities for airport operations, retail offerings and leisure attractions. With outstanding architecture and an exciting myriad of lifestyle offerings, this signature lifestyle destination will enable Changi Airport to capture greater tourism mindshare and strengthen its appeal as an air hub.

Project Jewel, with its distinctive dome-shaped facade made of glass and steel, will be an iconic landmark in Changi Airport’s landscape. It is designed by a consortium of design consultants comprising Safdie Architects, Benoy and local architects RSP. World renowned architect Moshe Safdie, who leads Safdie Architects, was behind the design of Marina Bay Sands, another iconic landmark of Singapore. Benoy, part of the design consortium for Terminal 4, and RSP were respectively the design consultant and local architects for ION Orchard, as well as the recently-opened Westgate in Singapore.

The complex will have five storeys above ground and five basement storeys, comprising two basement storeys of mainly retail and car park spaces and another three basement storeys of car park. The complex will cover a total gross floor area (GFA) of about 134,000 square metres (1,443,000 sq ft).

The redevelopment of the T1 car park will allow CAG to meet a critical objective of increasing Changi Airport’s passenger handling capacity. As part of the redevelopment works, T1, which was previously hemmed in by roadways, will be expanded, allowing for more space for the arrival meeters and greeters hall, baggage claim areas and taxi bays.


Source/Extract/Excerpts/来源/转贴/摘录: http://www.theedgesingapore.com/
Publish date: 20/12/13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Warren E. Buffett(沃伦•巴菲特)
Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful
别人贪婪时我恐惧, 别人恐惧时我贪婪
投资只需学好两门课: 一,是如何给企业估值,二,是如何看待股市波动
吉姆·罗杰斯(Jim Rogers)
“错过时机”胜于“搞错对象”:不会全军覆没!”
做自己熟悉的事,等到发现大好机会才投钱下去

乔治·索罗斯(George Soros)

“犯错误并没有什么好羞耻的,只有知错不改才是耻辱。”

如果操作过量,即使对市场判断正确,仍会一败涂地。

李驰(中国巴菲特)
高估期间, 卖对, 不卖也对, 买是错的。
低估期间, 买对, 不买也是对, 卖是错的。

Tan Teng Boo


There’s no such thing as defensive stocks.Every stock can be defensive depending on what price you pay for it and what value you get,
冷眼(冯时能)投资概念
“买股票就是买公司的股份,买股份就是与陌生人合股做生意”。
合股做生意,则公司股份的业绩高于一切,而股票的价值决定于盈利。
价值是本,价格是末,故公司比股市重要百倍。
曹仁超-香港股神/港股明灯
1.有智慧,不如趁势
2.止损不止盈
成功者所以成功,是因为不怕失败!失败者所以失败,是失败后不再尝试!
曾淵滄-散户明灯
每逢灾难就是机会,而是在灾难发生时贱价买股票,然后放在一边,耐性地等灾难结束
  • Selected Indexes 52 week range

  • Margin of Safety

    Investment Clock

    World's First Interactive Investment Clock