Sunday, December 1, 2013

AirAsia X Bhd - Competition bites (CIMB)

AirAsia X Bhd -
Current RM1.06
Target RM1.11
Competition bites

During the analyst results conference call, AAX acknowledged that MAS's aggressive price competition and capacity additions had hurt its yields, in addition to the normal yield declines expected when AAX itself raises capacity. We are factoring in lower yield, ASK capacity, and load factor assumptions, hence our FY13-15 forecasts are cut 10-46%. AAX's earnings are very sensitive to small changes in inputs. Our call remains a Neutral, but we lower our target price, still based on the sector average of 11x CY15 P/E. Switch to MAHB.


We are factoring in lower yield, ASK capacity, and load factor assumptions, hence our FY13-15 forecasts are cut 10-46%. AAX's earnings are very sensitive to small changes in inputs. Our call remains a Neutral, but we lower our target price, still based on the sector average of 11x CY15 P/E. Switch to MAHB.

What Happened
AAX hosted their 3Q13 results analyst conference call yesterday, hosted by CEO Azran Osman-Rani and CFO Yvonne Abdullah. The key points are as follows: (1) AAX will build its A330 fleet to 16-strong by end-2013, from nine planes last year. The group fleet will grow by another seven A330s to 23 by end-2014, of which 21 will be operated from Malaysia, and two to be operated by Thai AAX; (2) Thai AAX, 49%-owned by AAX, is expected to start operations by 1Q14. Local Thai partners, including Thai AirAsia CEO Tassapon Bijleveld, hold the remaining 51% stake; (3) The Bali hub will take a bit longer to start, as the application for the Air Operator's Licence is still being considered by the authorities; (4) Routes on which AAX increased capacity such as Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Chengdu and Taipei saw pressure on yields, while routes with no new flights like Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai and Beijing saw improved yields; (5) MAS caused "hyper competition" by focusing on Australian capacity expansion, adding a third-daily flight to Sydney and Melbourne. Hence, the Australian region is beginning to underperform North Asia, and AAX estimates that it will need 6-9 months to "wash out" the yield pressures; (6) New flights 4x weekly flights to Nagoya will start from March 2014, while two new routes to China will be launched in mid-2014. Frequency increases are planned for Seoul and Tokyo in 2H14.

What We Think
The 3Q13 RASK decline of 2.7% and the 1% pt fall in loads is a trend that will continue into 4Q13, particularly to Australia, due to aggressive capacity injections by MAS and AAX.

What You Should Do
 We think AAX's share price will likely thread water in 2014, as MAS keeps up the pressure, and we expect AAX to book a RM22m loss from its share in the new Thai AAX venture.


Source/Extract/Excerpts/来源/转贴/摘录: CIMB-Research,
Publish date: 22/11/13

No comments:

Post a Comment

Warren E. Buffett(沃伦•巴菲特)
Be fearful when others are greedy, and be greedy when others are fearful
别人贪婪时我恐惧, 别人恐惧时我贪婪
投资只需学好两门课: 一,是如何给企业估值,二,是如何看待股市波动
吉姆·罗杰斯(Jim Rogers)
“错过时机”胜于“搞错对象”:不会全军覆没!”
做自己熟悉的事,等到发现大好机会才投钱下去

乔治·索罗斯(George Soros)

“犯错误并没有什么好羞耻的,只有知错不改才是耻辱。”

如果操作过量,即使对市场判断正确,仍会一败涂地。

李驰(中国巴菲特)
高估期间, 卖对, 不卖也对, 买是错的。
低估期间, 买对, 不买也是对, 卖是错的。

Tan Teng Boo


There’s no such thing as defensive stocks.Every stock can be defensive depending on what price you pay for it and what value you get,
冷眼(冯时能)投资概念
“买股票就是买公司的股份,买股份就是与陌生人合股做生意”。
合股做生意,则公司股份的业绩高于一切,而股票的价值决定于盈利。
价值是本,价格是末,故公司比股市重要百倍。
曹仁超-香港股神/港股明灯
1.有智慧,不如趁势
2.止损不止盈
成功者所以成功,是因为不怕失败!失败者所以失败,是失败后不再尝试!
曾淵滄-散户明灯
每逢灾难就是机会,而是在灾难发生时贱价买股票,然后放在一边,耐性地等灾难结束
  • Selected Indexes 52 week range

  • Margin of Safety

    Investment Clock

    World's First Interactive Investment Clock