Sunday, August 25, 2013
The Ringgit, Rupee and Rupiah to Fall Further?
Suresh Ramanathan, CIMB Head of Regional Rates and Forex talks about:
- rm at 3-year low of 3.3095. How much lower?
- India's rupee - vulnerable to further selling?
- policy makers not determined to arrest the falls
- chances of Indonesia's rupiah improving
- are we witnessing the start of an EM currency crisis? ala ASEAN meltdown in 1997/98, or the Mexican peso crisis of 1994?
- any EM currencies that are more fundamentally sound than recent price action implies?
- what he plans to do with regards to these currencies for the next six months