Sunday, August 4, 2013
New Theme Park with 20th Century Fox at Genting Malaysia
Samuel Yin, analyst at Maybank IB Research talks about Genting Malaysia's tie-up with 20th Century Fox studios:
- previous park in Sydney which closed after two years
- competing with Universal Studios
- fierce competition from other parks - Kidzania and other attractions
- cost of maintaining and recovering cost of developing rides
- non-gaming activities contribute less than 10% to group's total leisure & hospitality revenue - would that change by much
- revenue estimates for additional 1,300 rooms come 2016.
BFM's Khoo Hsien Chun speaks with him.