04 August 2011
S$1.90 - PLIFE.SI
• What likely justifies yesterday’s new high for the hospital reit is disclosure that the minimum guaranteed rent from the 3 hospitals (Mt E, Gleneagles and East Shore) will rise 5.3% in the Aug 23’11 - Aug 22’12 period over the previous lease period.
• This is as provided under the arrangement with Parkway Holdings when PLife was first set up (and which we would not rule out Khazanah Nasional which now owns Parkway Holdings, “hoping / wanting” to undo at some point). And this in turn makes PLife an “inflation play”.
• Otherwise, there is little new in the June quarter numbers released this morning: Distributable Income rising 13.4% y-o-y (reflecting contributions from acquisitions in 2010) but 0.1% q-o-q. DPU is 2.37 cents or 9.48 cents annualized. Gearing is 34%, allowing for more acquisitions, last being in Japan, where PLife now has 29 nursing homes and 1 healthcare production facility.
• Based on DPU of 9.37 cents for the 12 months to Jun’11, and annualized DPU of 9.48 cents, yield is 4.9% and 5% respectively.
• Given PLife’s unique structure, a BUY can still be justified.